Computer Programs Making Comic Creation Easier

    Clip Studio Paint has great 3D models you can alter and pose. I see how comics would be significantly easier to draw when you can line right over them with a tablet but I choose to merely use them as references for my sketches. I've spoken before on the difficulty of establishing good action poses. Everything is made much easier with references.

    Here's my main character Sayth leaping forward and to the side:



 I plan to color this in and draw a monster he's fighting and paste it into the foreground.

    Computer programs eased my task of creating this in several ways. They provided a reference, allowed my to enlarge the head as I had drew it a bit too small and let me paste different sketches together. The tail, you might have noticed, is a different quality than the rest and was drawn separately. These kinds of things make character creation smoother and less messy or tedious without compromising one's skill as an artist. I do believe there's such a thing as too much digital aid and that comes when you're tracing over figures the program created. It's important to still capture the figure yourself to improve as an artist.

Comments

Popular posts from this blog